Sunday 22 July 2012

Flower power

So I start my new job tomorrow. It's the first time where I actually feel excited about the prospect of work, yet still very nervous. I don't really know what to expect and I have the obvious (yet ridiculous) case of doubting my talents. Still, they took me on because they saw potential in me so we shall see.
In my last few days at home I've been relaxing, painting & tidying. Living in a rented house can be difficult for someone like me who just wants to be let lose with a paintbrush, hammer and nails to make it more 'ours' but we have to just work with what we've got.
I realised that flowers can make such a difference in any home, of course I always knew that but once you're paying for rent, bills and food, flowers & plants cannot be at the top of my priority list. I've been lucky enough this week to have my momma fill my house with them. Here's a few corners of my home that now look a bit more special:






No comments:

Post a Comment