Sunday, 3 February 2013
Yummy Scrummy Chocolate Brownies
Believe it or not this was the first time I've made brownies! I know, right!? It surprised me too actually, I've eaten brownies a hundred times but never actually made them. I found this recipe on the bbc good food website. They are seriously GORGEOUS, gooey and chocolatey. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream & squirty cream!
185g unsalted butter, 185g dark chocolate, 85g plain flour, 40g cocoa powder, 100g milk chocolate, 3 large eggs, 275g golden caster sugar
- Put the butter & chocolate into a bowl and melt in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Let it cool a little.
- Turn the oven on to fan 160C/conventional 180C/gas 4. Using a shallow 20cm square tin, cut out a square of non-stick baking parchment to line the base.
- Chop up the 100g milk chocolate into good sized chunks.
- Break 3 large eggs into a large bowl and tip in the golden caster sugar. With an electric mixer on maximum speed, whisk the eggs and sugar until they look thick and creamy. The mixture should look pale and double in volume by the time you've whisked enough.
- Pour the cooled melted chocolate over the egg mixture, then gently fold together with a rubber spatula being careful not to knock all the air out.
- Sieve the flour & cocoa powder into the bowl with all the liquid and mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Poor the mixture into the prepared tin and put into the oven for 25 minutes. Leave to cool until it's ready to cut into squares.
They can keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks or in the freezer for a month. You'll have to make a big batch to freeze because you'll want these to be ready at any time for a quick cheeky chocolate pudding!