Monday 10 September 2012

Twenty three

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
I really had the most wonderful birthday this weekend. Sam took me to Trentham Gardens on Sunday and we spent the whole day there. It was such glorious SUNSHINE that I wore shorts and a tee shirt in September of all the months! We had a fabulous English lunch of venison pie and lashing of red wine gravy and after a tad bit of shopping to buy some flavoured tea and hot chocolates we headed over to the monkey forest. They have this area of the forest where monkeys can just roam free so we got up quite close to them. The baby monkeys were the sweetest - I think that was more Sam's treat than mine but I thoroughly enjoyed it too. The sun is in our eyes in this first pic:











One of my favourites parts of the day was doing the barefoot trail (as you can see above). I think it was for the kids really but there was no way I was missing out (!!!), off came the sandals and into the mud we went! SO FUN! Being twenty three is not going to hold me back from the little things. :o)

Sam was working today but not until the afternoon so he took me out for the best bacon sandwich I've ever had. An afternoon of relaxing and catching up, cuddles after work and friends popping over in the evening with more gifts equalled a perfect day.

Now I'm off to bed with a smile on my face and an excitement for the year ahead!

Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment