Tuesday 1 May 2012

April showers bring May flowers

Hi friends!
April has just been wind and rain and I feel like I've been in the wars lately! I spent saturday afternoon in A&E after slicing two of my fingers on a steak knife while cutting an avocado (don't ask!), my big sister had a car crash and my little sister fell off her bicycle! Not a great week for injuries in my family. The husbs has been on dinner duty this week and is helping me wash my hair everyday so things are a little crazy around here!

Thankful that we are all fine and thankful for a the first day of May! Hopeful for some sunshine this month! Ok, maybe I won't get my sunnies out yet...

I've been working on something new that I've not tried before! I can't wait to share it with you - the project got put on hold because of my injured fingers but I get to take the dressing off on Friday so will hopefully get it finished this weekend! I LOVE trying new things, creating the same things all the time can get tedious, and if I want to do what I LOVE doing for a full time job I don't want it to get to the point where I'm bored and the joy of creating no longer excites me, all I will reveal is that this project involves teacups!

If you know me, one of the things you'll know is that I love BUTTONS!


So when my friend asked me to make something pretty for his wife's birthday this week it was the first thought that came into my head. He gave me 2.5 days notice (bless him) but I was up for the challenge, plus, they are two of my favourite people!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAOMI!





Here are a few pictures of the favours I made for my wedding, I've been in lots of friends houses the last few months and they are all hanging up in their homes. Sweet love!





3 comments:

  1. You are so wonderful. Sorry about your fingers and your sisters. When it rains, it pours. I know that feeling. I hope everyone is doing better. You are super creative. You make such lovely things. Keep it up.

    Love you,
    xoxox
    Roni!!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That button-heart is super cute and creative! I totally want to make something like that! I'm sorry about all the injuries going on with your fam. Hope you all feel better soon! How sweet of hubs to take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS! healing nicely now! so great to have you be part of the blog! x

      Delete