Yeah, you read it! HOMEMADE nutella! Now, this was a bit of a faff to make but it made three large jars so we'll be all nutella-ed out by the time we get through it. I have to admit that it's not as smooth as shop brought nutella although I do love a bit of texture in this spread but anyway, it doesn't really matter because IT'S DELICIOUS!
I used this link but I've changed it up a little. I doubled up on ingredients because I had three large jars to use.
400g hazelnuts, 2 cans of condensed milk, 500g dark chocolate (the darker the better), water.
- Roast the hazelnuts in a pan for 10-15 minutes. Once cool put them in food processor and whizz until the hazelnuts become like butter. It should look like a runny paste. This takes a long time so just be patient and keep processing, it will eventually turn to a paste. You may need to add water little by little to encourage it to become more runny.
- Melt the chocolate in a separate bowl either in the microwave or in a bowl on top of boiling water. Once melted pour in the condensed milk and mix well.
- Pour the chocolate into the food processor and mix well into the hazelnut butter. If your food processor is small like mine you will need to get a big bowl and use an electric hand whisker to combine the ingredients towards the end.
- Distribute the nutella into your jars and seal well. This should last a very long time!
- Try not to eat it all at once!