Saturday 23 November 2013

Home Tour: Bedroom

Hi there!
Finally ready to share some pieces of our home. We live in a rented space but we've been able to do a lot to our little home without causing too much work for when we one day move out. 
Here is our bedroom. 
When we moved in this bed was already here & since we don't own our own bed yet it worked well enough for us. The walls were all white but pretty scuffed up so after trying out this statement wall I painted over it with Eygyptian Cotton - Dulux. I did love the statement wall - when I first painted it - but then it became a little garish plus I wanted to put up more photos & that was just not going to work. I love the colour we chose, if you can call it a colour. It's an off white/pale grey and works really well with the bright white woodwork. We decided to use it through the rest of our home in the places we were able to repaint. 



The metal initials were given as a gift for our engagement. They are from Urban Outfitters and we spray painted them gold. :o) The Elvis print & Jack Vettriano prints are from a shop in Spain we bought on holiday. Other others are prints I've created with favourite quotes or images taken from Pinterest.


We each have a cub on our bedsides. Mine is a tiger & Sam's a lion. The first nickname he ever gave me was 'little cub' and it kind of stuck. Both little cubs became our wedding cake toppers! 
I made the coasters that you can see here.




The prints in the frames were taken on our honeymoon and the middle one I created myself on photoshop with the lyrics to 'Come thou fount of every blessing' which my brother & older sister sang at our wedding.
Other prints that you can just about see are gifts from friends.




The striped pillows and the bedding is ikea & the others are handmade.


They'll be a lot more I'd like to add here or there or would have done differently but I think as far as rented spaces go we haven't made it look too shabby!
Thanks for taking the tour! Let me know if you see anything I didn't mention in the comments & I'll be sure to reply!

1 comment:

  1. Love your space! All the little details are perfect!

    ReplyDelete