Saturday 11 May 2013

Packing up our first home


The time has come to start thinking about packing up our first home. I don't even know where to start. When we first moved we only had our things to bring from our parents homes and all our kitchen stuff was packed up properly in boxes because we hadn't yet opened our wedding presents so moving was so easy but now we have furniture & lots of kitchen appliances and fragile items to pack. I feel a little overwhelmed that I just had to stop and write about it. How do people with big families or small children do this??!

I am soooooo excited about moving. We have a much bigger space and more freedom to make it our very own so my fingers are twitching to create & make things.

I'm in that zone at the moment where I can't be bothered to tidy up properly or use things knowing that I'll just have to pack it up in a few weeks and I'm excited to get rid of unnecessary or unwanted items, nothing like a fresh start!
It got me thinking though that we are so lucky with all the things that we have. We have been so blessed in our first few years of marriage and making our first house a home. I have been looking at so much home stuff and coveting beautiful lamps, cushions, ornaments, etc wishing I could have it all but really I do have it all. I'm trying to remember that when I look in home magazines and crave all the nice unaffordable things.
Not many people have the first home they always wanted but we got that and we're getting an even nicer second home. It might be above Sam's office and we'll be living in a community 9 months out of 12 but we will still have our space & a humongous garden to explore. I feel blessed way beyond I deserve.

With everything that happened the last few weeks I actually feel the best I've ever felt. In fact, I would go as far as to say it was the best thing that could have happened. I was ready to settle with where I was in life because things felt comfortable & I thought this is the best I'm going to do at the moment but it has so spurred me on to fulfill my dream of working for myself, to get down to business and do what I'm really passionate about.
People have said how suprised they are at how positive I am and how quickly I have come out of what was a dreadful time but I can honestly say it's only because I've SOOO felt God's peace and He has spoken such affirmation over me of who I am and who I am meant to be.
What could have been a horrible few months has become my greatest. I am so excited about this next season in life. New home, new dreams & new hope for our future. God has shown me once again that it is He who makes all things work together for our good.

Time to get packing, donating & sorting!

No comments:

Post a Comment