Wednesday 11 June 2014

Baby-sized handmade quilt

This past weekend we went to see some friends in Brighton. They are about 6 weeks away from having a baby - I had so much fun watching the baby kicking and moving around. Totally weird but really precious! 
I've been waiting a while for some of our friends to start having babies because I needed an excuse to make another quilt. Although it turned out ok I didn't get along with making a king sized quilt last time - too big! So I couldn't wait to make a baby-sized blanket for the little one to play on.
We don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet so I had to try and make it unisex! Even with the florals I think I did alright.

Like last time I used Rachel's tutorial for making the quilt and her tutorials for making and sewing the binding which you can find here and here. I don't think I'd ever use any other instructions - these ones are just so easy. I especially love the way she does the binding even if I can't make mine look as neat as hers.

Anyway, here it is. I'm rather proud of it. Can't wait to meet you baby!!







No comments:

Post a Comment